This website is operated by the Smart Energy Council (SEC, We, Us or Our) and contains information provided by the SEC and its economic entities and may contain links to other websites not operated by the SEC.
Your access to, and use of, information and services contained on this website is conditional upon your acceptance of the following terms and conditions of use, and any other terms on this website. We reserve the right to amend, change, alter, and delete these terms and conditions without notice.
1. Disclaimer of Warranties & Liabilities
Information on this website has been prepared for your convenience. Your use of this website and its contents is at your own risk. It is the responsibility of the user to independently verify the information made available on the website. We make no warranties that information on this website is reliable, complete, accurate or up-to-date. Information on this website is subject to change.
To the extent permitted by law, SEC and its officers, employees or Directors will not be liable in any way (including for negligence) for loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered by you, or claims made against you through:
- any use of the website;
- any use of services or information contained on this website. This includes, without limitation:
- any other application services provided on the website;
- any forms or guidelines available on the website;
- any failure by the SEC to provide the website. The SEC does not promise the website will be available without disruption; and
- any information, products or services supplied, offered to be supplied or advertised on the website. This includes, without limitation, services which are available through links from this website.
To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and representations about the website or the SEC’s products or services, the accuracy or timeliness of the material, products and services advertised, offered or supplied via the website are excluded.
Where any legislation implies a condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included. However, our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following at our election:
- if the breach relates to goods:
- replacement of goods or supply of equivalent goods;
- repair of goods;
- paying costs of replacing goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- paying the cost of having goods repaired.
- if the breach relates to services:
- supplying of services again; or
- paying the cost of having services supplied again.
2. Your Responsibilities
Exposure to risks to computer systems
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process that you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which might damage your own computer systems and/or devices.
Information on the website
The SEC does not assume liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions on this website. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information on this website.
We and any other party involved in creating producing, or delivering this website, will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, costs, loss of data, customer losses, loss of profits or economic losses or liabilities whatsoever arising out of your access to, or use of, this website. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises with your use of this website or any linked website.
You indemnify us and our officers, employees or Directors from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities and costs arising out of, or in connection to the use of the website, the services by you or someone using your member identification and password.
4. Link to other sites
Links to other websites are provided for your convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We:
- do not review, approve, recommend or endorse linked websites or materials or information on those linked websites in any way unless, and to the extent, stipulated to the contrary;
- make no warranty in relation to material contained on those linked sites; and
- are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any off-site pages linked to this site.
You access those linked sites and use products and services made available at those sites solely at your own risk. You do not hold us liable for your access, use or reliance on the linked websites.
5. Security of Information
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. While we seek to apply protections around transmitted information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information that you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
- comply with all directions issued by us in relation to the use of your identification and password to parts of the website or services and keep your password secure; and
- notify us immediately if you become aware that your password has been compromised or is known to a third party, or there has been unauthorised use of your identification and password, so we can take steps to secure your member identification and related data.
In relation to events of any kind of the Smart Energy Council or its related entities the following policy applies:
Due to the rapidly changing nature of Covid-19 and the respective public health policy responses, the Smart Energy Council will follow and comply with the current and updated Covid-19 policies published by the respective state governments, except where otherwise stated.
The Smart Energy Council does not take responsibility for changes at any time to the health responses of any state in relation to our events. It is the responsibility of event patrons to ensure they remain up to date with the latest state based Covid-19 policies for the relevant event.
However, the main policies of the relevant states are listed in links below for your convenience.
For entry requirements see below: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/business/nsw-rules#toc-events-and-entertainment
For up to date stay at home requirements see below: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/stay-safe/rules
For entry requirements see below: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/running-business/covid-19-restrictions/current#current
For up to date stay at home requirements see below: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status
For entry requirements see below: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/business-events-information-organisers
For up to date stay at home requirements see below: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
For entry requirements see below: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/restrictions/current-restrictions
For up to date stay at home requirements see below: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/
For entry requirements see below: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/activities-and-gatherings/business-requirements and https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/activities-and-gatherings/current-activity-restrictions
For up to date stay at home requirements see below: https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/health-community/self-isolation-and-quarantine
You agree that these terms of conditions of use are governed by the laws in your State or Country.