This is a recording of the Smart Energy Council webinar, ‘Tax Write-offs for Smart Energy,’ held on 26 November 2020. Find out how businesses can slash money on their power bills using government tax incentives to invest in solar, battery storage and electric vehicles.
- Temporary full expensing which allows businesses with turnover less than $5 billion to deduct the full cost of depreciable assets acquired from 6 October 2020 and first used or installed by 30 June 2022.
- Instant Asset Write Off which allows businesses with a turnover of up to $500 million to claim immediate 100% deduction of depreciable asset up to $150,000 by 30 December 2020.
Thanks again to our speakers:
- Zali Steggall MP, Independent Member for Warringah
- Peter Strong, CEO, Council of Small Business Organisations of Australia
- John Kurta, Managing Director, Kuga Electrical
- David Stuart, Managing Director, ColorMaker Industries Australia
- John Grimes, Chief Executive, Smart Energy Council