The Global Race to Zero Summit will be a major, FREE online event.
The event will be similar in format to last year’s hugely successful Global Smart Energy Summit, which attracted almost 7,000 registrations from over 60 countries, but it will be bigger and better.
The event will be held just 10 days before the G20 meeting in Rome on 30-31 of October and in the lead up to the critical COP26 meeting in Glasgow from 31 October–12 November.
The Summit will particularly focus on the economic and employment opportunities from electrifying everything with renewables and using renewable hydrogen and ammonia for everything else.
Race to Zero is the UN-backed global campaign rallying non-state actors – including companies, cities, regions, financial and educational institutions – to take rigorous and immediate action to halve global emissions by 2030 and deliver a healthier, fairer zero carbon world in time.
This event will raise the profile of the Race to Zero campaign and encourage Australian companies, cities and regions to commit to Race to Zero.
The two-day program will feature Australian and international political, industry and civil society leaders, speaking about the need to take urgent action on climate and accelerate the use of renewable energy.
Hear from international experts, political influencers, eminent Australians, CEOs of leading Australian businesses and renewables firms, community and social change leaders and exciting start-up businesses from around the world.
Speakers will be announced shortly.
Free to Attend
BE a part of the largest online smart energy event in 2021!
The event will be FREE to attend and we expect 10,000 delegates. REGISTER NOW!
WEDNESDAY 20 OCTOBER
8:00AM – 8:00PM (AEST – Sydney Time)
THURSDAY 21 OCTOBER
8:00AM – 8:00PM (AEST – Sydney Time)
Note: Please register separately for each day
BE AT THE CENTRE of the smart energy economy, this global summit is your chance to
engage with market leaders and your peers.
By attending you can expect to:
- GRASP how readily accessible and feasible renewables supported by policy are for
the global economy.
- BE INVIGORATED by the new era of renewable energy manufacturing and export potential from energy experts.
- LEARN about the progress of a renewables-led recovery.
- HEAR how Australia can become a renewable energy superpower by 2030; and
- JOIN a network of speakers from policymakers to climate and the smart energy supply chain.
Invest in Action - Partner at the Global Race to Zero Summit 2021
Partnerships for the Global Race to Zero Summit 2021 are selling out fast. Don’t miss your chance to sponsor the Smart Energy online event of the year!
GLOBAL SMART ENERGY SUMMIT 2020
WATCH THE GLOBAL SMART ENERGY SUMMIT 2020 HIGHLIGHTS
2020 Sessions not to miss
We’ve collated a list of some of the stand out speeches from both days below, including:
- The Hon Malcolm Turnbull and Mark Carney discuss Australia in a global context, facilitated by Pilita Clark
- Dan Ilic talks climate with Osher Günsberg and Mike Cannon-Brookes
- Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama gives a Pacific perspective
- Audrey Zibelman on the new Integrated System Plan, rebuilding the system with a very different technology in a planned way
- Bill McKibben reflects on the year of “I can’t breathe”
- Professor Jeffrey Sachs highlights the urgent need for significant climate action
Can't attend live? Register anyway!
- Selected speakers from this event will be recorded.
- Recordings will be made available, on the Smart Energy Council website, approximately one week after the conclusion of the Summit.
- This FREE TO ATTEND summit will be hosted on Zoom.
- Please register for each day separately.
Terms & Conditions
- To register and to access summit materials you need to provide your name, organisation, job title, mobile and email address.